Monday 11 August 2008

Phone amnesia

It has probably happened to you too. The mobile phone is turned off and you suddenly need to know your PIN code to get it going again. It happened to me the other day.

The first time you enter the incorrect code you think, I must have pressed the wrong button somewhere. You enter the code again and really try to be aware of what you are doing. Normally this is where the phone open its arms and welcomes you. But not for me.

That is when the confusion really hits you and you start to go through your mind troubleshooting what you just have experienced. You can only come to one conclusion.

My phone has forgotten my PIN code.

That is what happened to me. I never tried a third time but I left the phone running so my pocket had a go at it with no success. When I eventually found that PUK code I managed to convince the phone what PIN code it has. Let us hope it sticks this time.

No comments: