Sunday 31 May 2009

Hi tech aircrafts

Yesterday I took the quite long journey from Stockholm to San Francisco for JavaOne and the first stop was Chicago O'Hare airport. On the plane over they had entertainment systems built into the seats where you could select movies, games, flight information and such.

One cool feature was the ability to see outside the plane through mounted cameras facing forward and down so you could actually see what you were flying over and even see the runway during landing.

Of course I tried the games but this is where it really got tricky. I couldn't get it going without having the flight attendants reset my device. When it finally got going, I started my career as a backgammon player but it was not very long since my entertainment system suddenly froze.



After having tried to resolve the problem myself I again turned to the flight attendants for assistance. I showed the flight attendant the problem and I showed her that nothing happened when I pressed the buttons. Almost in panic she says these memorable words.

- Oh, no! Don't press the buttons like that. It is like a computer, if you press the buttons too much it will hang.

I just smiled.

No comments: